Designed to help economic development leaders, employers and our workforce in the OhioSE region, this page will help us respond to the challenges of COVID-19.
At OhioSE, we would like to help you be informed. Below is a list of programs and resources we have gathered thus far. We will continue to add to this list as further resources become available.
Stay At Home Order + Essential Critical Infrastructure Guidance
- Stay At Home Order extended until May 1, 2020
- Official Stay At Home Order from the Ohio Department of Health
- Stay at Home Order Frequently Asked Questions
- Guidance on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce by the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)
- CISA Memorandum and Guidance during COVID-19
Important Surveys for Businesses:
- White House Critical Supply Survey: in partnership with the National Association of Manufacturers, put together this survey as they are seeking volunteers who can donate, provide and/or produce critical supplies for the COVID-19 pandemic
- Ohio Development Services Agency (ODSA) Economic Damage Assessment Survey
Webinar & Calls – Info Sharing Resources:
- Press Release: CARES Act establishes New $349B Paycheck Protection Program
- CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief & Economic Security) Act for Small Business: A Guide
- Small Business Paycheck Protection Program
- Paycheck Protection Program Info Sheet (Borrowers)
- Paycheck Protection Program Info Sheet (Lenders)
- Paycheck Protection Program Application
- SBA Personal Financial Statement
- SBA Lenders and Loans: these are only banks that have closed recent SBA loans and NOT a complete list of SBA lenders. Please check with your lender first as new lenders are being SBA approved.
- SBA (Small Business Administration) Disaster Loan Assistance (because of Governor Mike DeWine’s emergency declaration, Ohio businesses will be eligible for Economic Impact Loans)
- Updated Info: SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Process provided by Ohio University SBDC
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Combating the Coronavirus
- CDC Resources for Businesses and Employers
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers from the CDC
- Coronavirus: What You Need to Know provided by the National Governor’s Association
- US Department of Labor Coronavirus Resources
- US Department of Labor: Wage and Hour Division has pages up for questions about how this emergency affects both the Fair Labor Standards Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act. They are working to provide information on labor and employee relations relating to wages and employment as COVID-19 continues to create challenges in the workplace.
- OSHA Guidance for Prepping Workplaces for COVID-19
- IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Are you a business who applied for the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) prior to 3.27.20? The CARES Act was signed on the 27th, which provide additional assistance for small business owners and non-profits, including the opportunity to get up to a $10,000 advance on an EIDL which may be available even if your EIDL application was declined or is still pending, and will be forgiven. Visit SBA.gov/Disaster as soon as possible to learn more and to complete a new, streamlined application.
State of Ohio:
- JobsOhio’s new Ohio Safe. Ohio Working. Resource page provides COVID-19 information for the state including economic updates, Ohio PPE information and JobsOhio program support/resources
- RepurposingProject.com is spearheaded by the Ohio Manufacturing Alliance to fight COVID-19. Governor DeWine recently announced this project as a collaborative public-private partnership tasked with coordinating efforts to provide health care workers and first responders the personal protective equipment (PPE) they need to safely care for patients. If manufacturers have the capability to produce any of the in-demand PPE supplies, please visit RepurposingProject.com.
- Ohio Manufacturer’s Association (OMA) COVID-19 Resource Page that includes Federal, State, and Industry sections, along with an Information section that features recent calls conducted by the OMA
- OMA Alliance to Fight COVID-19 which features a link to PPE critical supply list
- Governor DeWine is requesting that all Ohio manufacturers with the capability of shifting operations to produce Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) to do so. Find the list of needed PPEs here.
- Ohio Department of Insurance: order has been issued by Lt. Governor for employers to take care of their employees’ health insurance during the state’s shutdown due to COVID-19 coronavirus. It also give employers a two-month grace period to pay insurance premiums to their insurance providers. Details under the tab, Insurance and Coronavirus COVID-19.
- Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation: Ohio BWC will allow businesses to forgo payments in March, April and May, and defer payments until June 1, leaving an estimated $200Million in the state economy. Read details on BWC website.
- Ohio Department of Commerce
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- ODJFS Coronavirus and Unemployment Insurance Benefits
- Liquor Buy Back (for impacted bars & restaurants)
Has your organization or do you know of organizations in the OhioSE region who have developed local resources? Please email Heather Church at firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion.
- Appalachian Growth Capital (AGC) (small business lending)
- Process for AGC Loan Inquiries during COVID-19 Crisis
- JobsOhio-AGC Press Release Announcing $2M Investment
- AGC Lending Application in Word or PDF
- FocusCFO 13-Week Cash Flow Instructions
- FocusCFO 13-Week Cash Flow Worksheet
- COVID-19 Job Search Resources for job seekers and businesses
- ODJFS SharedWork Ohio (a way to equally cut back worker hours and allow unemployment compensation to fill the gap)
- SharedWork Ohio PDF Guide
- Support Local Business website launched by USA Today that allows visitors to support local businesses during the COVID-19 crisis by listing them in the database and pre-purchasing goods/services via gift cards
- TechCred provides reimbursement for business upskilling of employees through a select list of verified skill development programs. Keep employees engaged from home and grow workforce knowledge with this program.
Utilities & Service Providers:
- Columbia Gas of Ohio– suspending non-payment shutoffs
- AEP Ohio – suspending non-payment shutoffs
- Charter Communications– free access to Spectrum Broadband and Wi-Fi for new, student households
- South Central Power Company– response to COVID-19
- ODSA Energy Assistance Program Application
Public Health Updates:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
- Ohio Department of Health (ODH)
- ODH Information for Screening Employees for COVID-19
OhioSE COVID-19 Email Communication Updates:
- Update #1: Sunday, March 22, 2020
- Update #2: Monday, March 30, 2020
- Update #3: Wednesday, April 1, 2020
- Update #4: Monday, April 6, 2020
Do you know about other resources not listed? Please email Heather Church at email@example.com. Thank you.
Last Updated: Monday, 6 April 2020 at 11:30am